Being informed before having a website done will ensure your website is created for your particular market and to be a successful marketing tool and not just a pretty online brochure.
Before Visiting the Website Company
- What is your product/service?
- Do you want to grow over the next 5 years and add to your offering?
- Who are your target markets?
- Do you know what your competitors are doing and what their websites look like?
- Do you have an idea on how you want the website to look?
- Do you have examples of other websites you like?
- Do you want a subscribe function? articles section? Or specials page?
- How often do you need to or want to update your website?
Design Options & Edits
- Is the company website designers or developers – or both? Ideally you want both. This will enable you to have a professional design and also an effective build.
Like all small business owners – marketing your business is a necessity although it can be a costly exercise especially if you are just starting up.
So, we have created 10 ways to market your business for under $250.
- HTML email newsletter at only a few cents each it is very affordable.
- Join a networking group such as B2B network or the Sydney Womens Network (membership from $143).
- Contact networking groups and go along for the “free visit”.
- Follow up on old enquiries that didn’t convert over the last 12 months.
- Create a referral program, offering $10 off for clients who refer someone.
- Spend $125 over 2 months in Google Adwords this will really crank up your visits.
- List in some relevant directories such as True Local, Hot Frog and Home Improvement Pages.
- Hold a free workshop for prospects and only pay the hire fee for the room.
- Design a flyer and have some printed professionally or go to Officeworks and have the print some up for you then do a letterbox drop to targeted areas.
- Request a Kick Start Marketing Plan from northridge creations for $220 + gst, which will analyse your website, competition and target market and give you pointers on marketing your business.
What marketing on the cheap ideas have worked for you?
So you have an idea for a business – here is a quick guide to get you thinking on some small business marketing tips you need to know, to get that idea out and into the marketplace.